Wednesday, December 9, 2009

7 weeks old tomorrow

Well, this past couple of weeks have gone by so quickly. I went back to work one week ago. Taking Britton to daycare was very difficult, but she really seems to like it. I know how can you tell if a 6 week old really likes something. I like to believe that she likes being there and that she is having fun. Everyone at work really did a great job of keeping things going while I was gone, so I have not felt so completely overwhelmed. I am really trying to get out of the office earlier like around 5 or 5:30 and that seems to be going well. One of my staff members, mother works at the daycare center in the older infant room, and that really helps to know that there is someone there everyday that can check in on Britton and let me know if there is anything that I should be aware of.

I can't believe that Britton will be 7 weeks old tomorrow. She is sleeping about 5 hours a night before she wakes up for her bottle and usually goes back to sleep until about the time to head out the door for work. We seem to be getting into a routine. Chad is playing with her on the floor now. I am seeing more and more smiles each and everyday in addition to more noises each day. This weekend we have the last baby shower and I also hope to get the rest of the Christmas shopping finished. On Sunday we will be going to cut down the Christmas tree and then to bother our house and my mom's house to decorate trees and take pictures. I know that Britton is very young for Christmas this year, but I really can't wait to have our family Christmas with her.

Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks. I do promise that after the holidays I intend to get some scrapbooking done again and I will post some of those pictures. I am working on my mom's Christmas cards and I will post a picture of those this weekend.


playing in my activity gym.


snuggle time with daddy.


at Windy Knoll Christmas Tree Farm picking out our tree to cut closer to Christmas.

3 comments:

Sunday Sandy said...

Britton is a real cutie! She has really changed in the last several weeks.

JoEtta Zabel said...

I'm so happy for you and Chad. Cherish this time and take tons and tons of pictures. Before you know it she'll be all grown up :(
She's adorable...congratulations to you both.

a chick named Toni... said...

So good to hear how you guys are all doing! She is changing! They grow up so fast...JoEtta is right before you know it your little girl will be in highschool! *sniff* Merry Christmas!