Thursday, March 4, 2010

Britton Update

So, I know that I have slacked on updating everyone (sorry grandpa). The last couple of weeks have been really crazy. Britton came down with RSV and an ear infection. She is much better now and things are starting to get back to normal. I am so thankful for my mother in law and her flexible schedule that she was able to help us out so much. I think that it helped that she got uninterrupted time with Britton too! Even though Britton was sick she was still a very happy baby. I took one video on day 5 of RSV that I am posting at the end of this. You definitely would not know that she was sick just by watching the video.

With life getting back to normal, we had our last visit with the social worker earlier this week. It is a great feeling to be done with that, but now we just have to finish the 6 month wait for everything to be final. Our social worker, Iva, has been absolutely wonderful and we truly feel as though she is a member of our family after spending so much time with her through this whole process. Iva made things so easy for us and we really appreciate everything she has done for us.

I took a few pictures last weekend. I can't believe how much our little girl has grown. She weighs 18 pounds now and is wearing 6-9 months already. I just love to hear her in the morning and to see her smile when she wakes up. She is truly the light of my life! We are so very blessed. Thank you for checking in on us.

I have actually gotten to work on her book. Maybe this weekend I will get pictures taken of her pages and get some posted. Be on the lookout.





1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

She is so beautiful Nikki! Daddy better watch out because she really is going to be a heartbreaker!