Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bubbles.......

How do you keep a child in when the wind is blowing 90 to nothing that loves to play outside? We had that challenge last weekend. Britton wanted to go outside and play bubbles every night and all day on the weekend. She loves being outside and running around, but with her ears and the fact that we are fighting an ear infection I really did not want her in the wind too much. She was a trooper and of course we gave in a little towards evening. We went to the doctor today and had her ears checked as we have been fighting an ear infection for a week and instead of getting better with antibiotic ear drops it appeared to be getting worse over the weekend. The doctor wanted us to finish out the ear drops and then come in today to get checked out. The ear infection is still there and the tube has fallen out of the right ear. I feel so bad for Miss B as she has got to be in some serious pain. We are starting her on some strong oral antibiotics and this should be kicked by the time we go back to the doctor for her 18 month checkup in 11 days. We are also scheduled to see the ENT the same day. I am truly worried that we are going to have to put another set of tubes in. I just don't like the idea of another surgery (no matter how minor it is).

Last Saturday Britton went to her first birthday party. One of her friends from daycare turned two and Carley's party was at Chuck E Cheese's. Britton was not keen on Chuck E, but she didn't scream or cry.

I purchased my new lens for my camera so I wanted to try it out one evening. She is always good for a few pictures. You can definitely tell that we have the camera in her face quite a bit as she now says "cheese" when the camera is pointed in her direction. My new lens is a 50mm and I love it. I have used it a few times and love the fact that I don't have to use the flash that often.

I hope that everyone is having a great week. Here are a few pictures of Miss B blowing bubbles and at the birthday party.




Trying to get into playing the games.
Waiting for the bubbles from the bubble machine
She dumped the bubbles and decided it was more fun to play in it on the ground.

No comments: