Tuesday, June 3, 2008

90 Years Old



Well, it has been forever since I have last written. I am sorry that it has been so long. I have spent the better part of May out of town. I went out of town for my full time job and then went to St. Louis to visit family. My grandfather turned 90 last Friday. Most of the family was able to get together to celebrate. I enjoyed the time with my real dad, grandfather, and the rest of the family that was able to get together.

My grandfather is one very special man. His mind is so sharp and he tells such wonderful stories. On Thursday evening his church and the seminary that he used to teach at threw him a birthday party. They really spent quite a bit of time planning the party and it was wonderful that we were able to join the fun. There were about 40 people in attendance and it was really neat to see how he has touched so many people's lives over the years.

Thanks for peeking in. I did get a little bit of scrapbooking in while I was gone and I will post some of those pictures later this week as well as a class that I am teaching later this month at Scrapbook Garden East. Have a great rest of the week.

3 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

he looks like such a sweet man! cherish your time with him, one day you will have wonderful memories and you will be so glad that you had them. i remember visiting my gma and i am so glad that we made the visits. i am glad that you got to take some time off from your stressful jobs!!! can't wait to see the pages you finished!

JoEtta Zabel said...

Welcome back and long time no see or hear.
Sounds like a wonderful time and your grandfather does not look 90. So nice that you have him around to listen to his stories. One of my grandmothers lived to be 99 1/2 and I wish that I would have been my age now versus the age I was so that I would have asked questions and appreciated the stories she told. Cherish them.

Anonymous said...

stalk...stalk...stalk....waiting for some new stuff way out here in Indy!

Michelle