Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sarasota, FL

 


I have been in Sarasota since Wednesday and spent money at two scrapbook stores. I found some really cool stuff. Remember all those Bo-bunny word books, well I found tons of those types of books even one that says "DISNEY". I just could not leave that one on the shelf. I do know where we can buy more even custom words. Yesterday my Great Aunt and I went on Mote Aquariums Ecotour in hopes of seeing dolphins and learning a bit of information. It was really neat. Right after we left the dock we did see a couple of dolphins. I have marked the dolphin on the picture. Boy do I wish I would have brought my other camera with me. I would have liked the extra zoom power. Last night we went over to Aunt Ruth's and played Phase 10, which is a cross between gin rummy and I am not sure what other game. I can definitely say that it is a game that most of the Whiston (my family) clan plays. Let me tell you there is no mercy when you play with a Whiston.

 


Take a look at the houses. The houses are huge and with tons of windows. I have no clue how much they cost. I would not mind the house, but I sure would hate the mortgage bills. One house even has a statue of Michael Jordan on their back porch. I did not get a picture of the statue for everyone.

Well I better finish packing. We are heading to Tampa today to go back to the airport. I am enjoying the sunny weather instead of the rain that we left back home. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for checking in on me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

Oooh I like your new blog background! Very pretty! :)

Phase 10 is my arch nemesis. Every time we start out playing it I'm like, "Oh, this is fun! Why don't I like this game?" Then I remember, when I'm still on Phase TWO and everyone else is finishing the game. Oh yeah! THIS is why I hate this game! *haha*

Sounds like you are having a fabulous time! Enjoy yourself!