Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dolphin Watching and Tampa

 

Well Saturday morning started with Chad finishing his training. I picked him up in the field and we headed for John's Pass and Hubbard Marina. When I talked with Chad about doing a dolphin watching tour he mentioned that he would like to do that as well. I knew that he would not have time in Sarasota so I started looking into the Tampa area. As it turns out Hubbard's marina is a little over half way to Tampa from Sarasota. This was the thing to do Saturday afternoon. As a bonus we were able to go to Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co. Chad originally talked about just getting a burger and I reminded him that why not get seafood when you are by the water, since it is going to taste much better than at home and I don't even eat seafood. We had a good time. After lunch we went walking around the marina taking a look at all the shops and just taking in the scenes.

 

Our dolphin watching tour started at 3pm. No sooner had the boat pulled out of the slip did we see a group of about 3 or 4 dolphins. We watched thosed for a little bit and of course I missed the picture when the dolphin decided to jump out of the water. We probably saw anywhere from 15-25 dolphins yesterday. I would say it was worth the time that we spent on the boat. It was a fun time and the employees of Hubbard's marina were wonderful to work with.

 

While on the dolphin watching tour we also got to see these beautiful bird rookeries. These little islands are filled with Mangrove trees and the birds love to nest here. This picture is of just a few of the pelicans on this little island.

After we left John's pass we headed to find the hotel for the night. I found out that we were not far from a Cheesecake Factory so that is where we decided to eat dinner. Then it was walking around the mall for a little bit letting our food settle and then back to the hotel to pack and get some rest.

We are ready to get back home. We have just a couple more hours here in the Atlanta airport then we should be home late this afternoon. I hope that everyone has had a great weekend. Thanks for peeking in.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

I like your background! Very cool! Sounds like you guys had a great trip...I am so glad. Sometimes it is just nice to get away from everything. I can't wait to see what you got at the scrapbook store! Hey Mary doesn't have an ATG gun but Sandy does and she said that she wants to be in on the order too. So you definately have us two.

I am going to place the SU order tonight. I was trying to get a hold of Sandy to see if she needed anything. So now I am ready to order. Finally huh?

Talk to you later!