Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, I just wanted to update everyone on our Holiday plans. I surprised my husband with tickets to the Dallas Cowboys Game on Thanksgiving Day. Needless to say he was completely stoked to go. We decided to drive most of the way to Dallas Wednesday evening. The plan was that we were going to sleep in and head to the stadium whenever that morning since the game was not until 3pm. Well, my husband does not sleep in, he was up by 8am. I think he was excited to go to the game. It was a good game and a great time. I took tons of pictures (I will post a couple tomorrow night). We did go ahead and drive home that night. Chad had to work at the Christmas tree farm Friday.

Saturday we went to Hutchinson to watch the 3A state football game. Our oldest nephew was playing and boy was that a great game to watch. You bet I took even more pictures there. We are very proud of our nephew and the Conway Springs Cardinals for the win. The boys played hard.

Today my parents and I headed out the Windy Knoll Christmas Tree Farm. Chad was working, but he had time to help us look for trees for both houses. This was a big deal for our family since we have been going to Prairie Pines since 1981 and this is the first time that we have gone anywhere else, even though Chad has worked at Windy Knoll for the last three years. Windy knoll does something really neat, they allow you to tag a tree and come out later and cut it down. We don't usually go until about the week before Christmas and most of the great trees are really picked over. So now all we have to do is go back whatever day we want to get the trees and cut it down and take them home.

I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday. Thanks for stopping in. I promise to get pictures up tomorrow night.

No comments: