Monday, April 21, 2008

Friendship

You never know who you will meet in life and what they will come to mean to you until something happens. On April 9th I received a phone call from one of my best friends telling me that her husband had a heart attack. I could not believe it. I did not know what to say or do. I kept in touch with her throughout the day to find out that he had another heart attack and had flatlined twice. I have never been so scared in my life. I did not know what to say to Toni. I just knew that I wanted to be there for her and the kids. Toni and Mike are very special people and I could not understand why this was happening to them of all people. I know that God was with Mike and wants him with his family and friends. It is truly a miracle that he is still with us today. He did get to come home over the weekend, but he still has a long road to complete recovery along with some lifestyle changes that everyone will have to learn. For everyone that has been praying for our friends please continue those prayers and thank you so much. We are so very happy that Mike is home where he belongs and on the road to recovery.

I am so glad that Toni and Mike have become such wonderful friends. We love them just like family.

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

awww...dang! Thank you so much for your friendship. Mike and I feel very blessed to have you and Chad as friends. We were just talking about how the Lord brings special people into your life and you two are definately special. We couldn't have gotten through all of this with our your friendship. Thank you!